Thursday, February 3, 2011

Will and Kels


For me, the most surprising thing in Will Oldham's interview of R Kelly is that Will watches 30 Rock. It's just hard to imagine him doing normal people thing like watch television. Do you think his favorite character is Kenneth? My favorite part of the interview is when Will tries to ingratiate himself to R by telling him he covers a few of his songs and R responds cordially before going completely non sequitur on him:

OLDHAM: I love that song “The World’s Greatest” as well. We perform that song onstage sometimes. We do sort of like a country version of it.

KELLY: Yeah? I would love to hear that. You know, I took the Queen Mary to Europe once because I didn’t want to get on a plane . . .

If you're in the mood for more celebrity on celebrity action, here's Kanye Wets interviewing Rihanna. If not, allow me to share a few of my favorite moments from the interview.


RIHANNA: Hey. How are you?
WEST: I'm good. I'm just out here in this retarded-ass studio- Peter Gabriel's studio.

*

WEST: How does it feel to know that you could have any man in the world? Or woman. How does it feel to know that you can turn straight women gay?
RIHANNA: Is that a real question?

*

WEST: Why you drink so much Red Bull?

*

WEST: Do you know any famous people now?
RIHANNA: Huh? [laughs]



No comments:

Post a Comment