Monday, January 31, 2011

A different kind of grind


Wow. Look at this album cover I came across while looking for an image of The Other Jody Grind's album cover. I've never heard of this band, but for some reason there's not that many good hi-res images of The Other Jody Grind, and the interweb is lousy with pictures of this album. I'm tempted to spend 30 seconds researching them or even downloading the album, but after accidentally glimpsing a site that stated they were a UK prog band who Robert Fripp almost joined, and do a long version of "Willie the Pimp," I think I'll just enjoy the album cover. If it's not good enough for Fripp...

All this has made me curious as to the origins of the term Jody Grind. I know it's a Horace Silver album, but it must have a source other than that. I know Jody's a backdoor man who loves grinding, is that what it's all about? Does the term originate in the UK or is that another thing they've stolen from us? Curiously the know-it-all internet will not reveal its secrets after a (very) brief search.

No comments:

Post a Comment