Thursday, January 27, 2011

Did David Keenan reference something I wrote in The Wire?

Probably not, but in his roundup on hypnagogic pop in the year end issue, he mentions Dwarr has been referred to as "hypnagogic metal." That's an obvious parallel, I know, and it's probably been made by at least half of the dozen or so people who reviewed the Dwarr reissue, but when Googling "Dwarr hypnagogic metal" my Tiny Mix Tapes review is the only thing that pops up, other than a blog that references that review.

"Big whoop!" you say, to which I say, "No duh!" As previously noted, I hate the hypnagogic tag, and have issues with Keenan's hypemanship. That said, I did cheekily use a term he coined, and I certainly don't think he's as bad of a writer as Youtube commenter mikeofdoom seems to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VawPJcbBYU
His critique seems a bit on the personal side, actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment